new here to site and i need suggestions/tips
still trying to get use to this site...so far liking it and all...
here is the deal:
20 yr old male
5 ft. 7 inches tall
i don't know what to do. :02: i want to lose fat so bad!!!! i just don't know how to go about it...i've tried working out [jogging, situps, push ups, jumping jacks] which is very hard for me to stay motivated. never been to a gym because i feel like i am not able to afford for a gym plan. i don't even have any weights to call my own. i'm a couch potato basically. i eat the usual 3 meals a day, but very very BIG meals! all junk food [soda, meat, rice, and more meat ONLY] i do not snack at all nor do i even drink water/milk. can't help resist FOOD whatsoever!!! i'm very inactive and feel UNHEALTHY. i have a BELLY the size of king kong and stretch marks galore which sucks -_- ...HELP PLEASE!!!!!!
need to drink water for sure if you want your body to do anything :)
lean protein, good carbs, good fats. take your 3 meals and make them into six smaller ones. this will raise your metabolism along with whatever cardio you decide to do.
make sure you read through all the stickies at the top of this forum...
1) Being a couch potato is going to get you anywhere.. you need to get off your ass and become active.
2) Eating 3 Big Meals a day is the wrong way to go about losing weight, split it into 6 or so smaller meals to keep your metabolism up and eat every 3 hrs or so.
3) No junk food, you already know its bad for you so you need to make better healthier decisions. Check the nutrition stickies for examples of healthy foods.
4) If you start eating healthy foods you can EAT MORE of the food and still consume less calories, its going to require a lifestyle change.
5) Your going to have to do some sort of cardio, find something you like and can stick with it. Start off slowly and gradually increase your activity level. Situps, pushups aren't going to get you to your goal.
6) Keep track of what you ACTUALLY consume, sign up for a site like FitDay.com and input your food totals each day for a week or so. This will give you a good idea of how many calories you actually consume and you can start to slowly cut them down from there.
We can only give you general advice, its up to you to make the lifestyle changes in order to accomplish your goals. The sooner you get started on it the easier its going to be for you.
thank you very much for yall input. i appreciate very much
try universal animal pak it works
you can also do basic body weight exercises. go to www.rosstraining.com and they have a lot of videos to look at. but since you arent used to working out at all. you should start with push ups and crunches. they will help a lot. if you dont know how many to do, get a deck of cards, shuffle them up. pick the card from the top. how ever many it says do that amount, make all face cards 15 and the ace is 20. go until you cant go no more. alternate days with push ups and sit ups
there are plenty of websites that you can look up. i think sentinal posted up a few links that can help in another forum. you iwl just have ot look through them.
but you dont need weights to get in shape. you can run, ride a bike, jump lots of rope, do push ups and sit ups, when you get strong enough get a dip rack with some pull up handles, and do those. do body, squats and jump squats.
where there is a will...............there is a way
yeah working on it. dang it is hard. the 1st link u gave me...i didnt see lots of vids on there though...like a few...
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:06 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.