Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net

Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net (/)
-   Nutrition (http://www.bodybuilding.net/nutrition/)
-   -   a different protein question (http://www.bodybuilding.net/nutrition/a-different-protein-question-7272.html)

MONSTAFACE 08-31-2007 07:44 AM

a different protein question
 
whats up peoples. me again. I was just wondering, from reading and things of that nature, i understand with everythign you should take a break for a little while. like deloading when lifting, or i hear if you take supplements lay off of it for a littl ewhile so your body wont start to need it. is it the sam for protein?


well i know protein is an everyday thing but i guess putting extra in yoru diet from working out is more than the body normally would handle. now im not crazy with it at all. besides trying to eat as many meals as possible and just a 50 gram drink of isopure in the morning and night im not to crazy with it. but before now i have never had so much protein in my diet.


should you take like a week off every once in a blue to cleanse your system or whatever?

Pitysister 08-31-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MONSTAFACE (Post 40882)
whats up peoples. me again. I was just wondering, from reading and things of that nature, i understand with everythign you should take a break for a little while. like deloading when lifting, or i hear if you take supplements lay off of it for a littl ewhile so your body wont start to need it. is it the sam for protein?


well i know protein is an everyday thing but i guess putting extra in yoru diet from working out is more than the body normally would handle. now im not crazy with it at all. besides trying to eat as many meals as possible and just a 50 gram drink of isopure in the morning and night im not to crazy with it. but before now i have never had so much protein in my diet.


should you take like a week off every once in a blue to cleanse your system or whatever?

make sure with all the protein you consume to down a bunch of water too....gotta keep them kidney's clean.

IronKitten 08-31-2007 01:42 PM

Protein doesn't need to be cycled like some supps.

As far as your body becoming dependent on it... if you want to keep your muscle and prevent catabolism, then yeah, you can become 'dependent' on it.

So essentially, if you want to maintain the muscle you have (or continue to build more), then you need to keep up your protein intake. At least 1g/pound BW.

J-Rock 08-31-2007 06:07 PM

BLAH isopure. That stuff has a bad aftertaste. I try not to use whey in my diet. Only for a post workout shake. I get the most of my protein from natural food sources.

MONSTAFACE 08-31-2007 08:04 PM

well im only using a 50 gram shake in the morning and night. and im tryign to eat as much as possible during the day. so its not like my protein intake is crazy but i try to get as much as possible without over doing it. and iron kitten you are great!!!! lol you always got good feed back:biglaugh: and pity i try to get as uch water as possible. i figure i get at least 10 to 12 cups a day. maybe more

PRESTIGE 09-09-2007 03:22 PM

Monsta...In my opinion brother, more than 30g of protein per serving is a waste.....your body will not utilise the extra protein. Cut out that extra 20g of protein in the morning and the other 20g at night and combine it to make another serving for mid day....try a slow acting protein at night in the form of casein. It's slow digesting and feeds your muscles gradually while you sleep.

IronKitten 09-09-2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRESTIGE (Post 41309)
Monsta...In my opinion brother, more than 30g of protein per serving is a waste.....your body will not utilise the extra protein. Cut out that extra 20g of protein in the morning and the other 20g at night and combine it to make another serving for mid day....try a slow acting protein at night in the form of casein. It's slow digesting and feeds your muscles gradually while you sleep.

Please don't tell me you actually believe that old 30g myth.

Pitysister 09-09-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronKitten (Post 41322)
Please don't tell me you actually believe that old 30g myth.

i read that on bb.com once.

it's been awhile.


so...not true?

IronKitten 09-09-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitysister (Post 41325)
i read that on bb.com once.

it's been awhile.


so...not true?

Think about where you read that :biglaugh:

MONSTAFACE 09-09-2007 05:38 PM

well i was jst taking whatever it said to on the bottle. it said put 2 scoops in 12 ounces of water and thats 50 grams. i never heard of a thirty gram rule though. i mean if that was th case if you were to eat a certain amount of chicken or turkey i knwo that can be more than 50 grams, would your body waste that? im just asking dont know to many detail son all that stuff


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.