Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net

Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net (/)
-   Nutrition (http://www.bodybuilding.net/nutrition/)
-   -   Postworkout Timeline (http://www.bodybuilding.net/nutrition/postworkout-timeline-222.html)

Darkhorse 04-09-2005 07:03 AM

Postworkout Timeline
 
Last night I didn't get a chance to take my postworkout shake until an hour after I worked out. I now reaffirmed the importance of the "twenty minute window"! My muscles are sore as hell and feel really weak from working out last night. I'm posting what I found works best, because when I do this I feel great the next day, and continue to build mass...

1.Within the first 20 minutes after the gym, drink half your postworkout shake as fast as you can along with your 10 grams of creatine.
2.Within the next 20 minutes slowly drink the remainder of your shake.

I'll use me as an example.
-First 20 minutes: I use 2 scoops (half a serving) of N-Large-2 and 1 scoop of VP2 which is whey isolate. I fill the rest of my shaker with water, not milk, so there's faster absorbtion. Along with this, I scoop the creatine directly into my mouth with a spoon and wash it down with my shake. I also take 1000 mg of vitamin-c for it's antioxidant properties. This process takes me about 5-10 minutes.
-Over the next 20 minutes, I slowly drink the other 2 scoops of N-Large-2 mixed with 1 scoop of 100% whey protein.
-30-45 minutes after I finished my postworkout shake, I'll eat a sensible meal. An example would be a sweet potato and 1-2 small chicken breasts. I go to the gym at night, so this would be my last meal, which would take me to about 8:30. Before I go to bed at 10:00, I'll eat a half cup of cottage cheese which has about 23 grams of casein protein. I used a few different sources of information to compile this timeline, which has always made a huge difference. It should give everyone an idea that postworkout entails more than a quick shake and boom you're done. :eek:

Dr X 04-09-2005 10:41 AM

Great advice. I do the samething almost except I workout in the A.M. Alot of you newbies should pay attention. :D

apocalypse 04-09-2005 02:07 PM

Hey 711, isnt that almost 100 grams of protein in that post workout shake? Man, I am eating all kind of crap now, I dont know what the hell got in to me. I guess I will be cutting very soon tho, after not liking myself in the mirror anymore. :D

Darkhorse 04-09-2005 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalypse
Hey 711, isnt that almost 100 grams of protein in that post workout shake? Man, I am eating all kind of crap now, I dont know what the hell got in to me. I guess I will be cutting very soon tho, after not liking myself in the mirror anymore. :D

Ahh, there's my favorite slut :D No, it's 45 grams for the first 30 minutes, then another 45 grams throughout the next half an hour. ;)

apocalypse 04-09-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

I'll use me as an example.
-First 20 minutes: I use 2 scoops (half a serving) of N-Large-2 and 1 scoop of VP2 which is whey isolate. I fill the rest of my shaker with water, not milk, so there's faster absorbtion. Along with this, I scoop the creatine directly into my mouth with a spoon and wash it down with my shake. I also take 1000 mg of vitamin-c for it's antioxidant properties. This process takes me about 5-10 minutes.
-Over the next 20 minutes, I slowly drink the other 2 scoops of N-Large-2 mixed with 1 scoop of 100% whey protein.
The N-large that I bought had 50 grams of protein per 4 scoops, since you are taking two+1 scoop vp2, I would assume its somewhere around 45 grams, thats 20 minutes right there. Then you said the next 20 minutes u drink another 45 grams of protein, so thats about 90+ grams of protein in 40 minutes. Am I missing something? Bitch where my money? :D

Darkhorse 04-09-2005 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalypse
The N-large that I bought had 50 grams of protein per 4 scoops, since you are taking two+1 scoop vp2, I would assume its somewhere around 45 grams, thats 20 minutes right there. Then you said the next 20 minutes u drink another 45 grams of protein, so thats about 90+ grams of protein in 40 minutes. Am I missing something? Bitch where my money? :D

Ok, ok slim...90 grams. 45 taken immediately after you workout. Wait 30 minutes. Sip the other 45 grams throughout the next half hour. 90 grams in the total of 1 hour. Thirty minutes later, eat a small meal. That formula is from IFBB Pro Jeff Willet, AST website, blah, blah, blah.. It is better than 80% of what regular lifters do...-> Gee, I'll take my 23 grams of 100% whey and then I'll grow!! You know the type..ummm, some numb-nuts from bulk forums.

apocalypse 04-09-2005 04:36 PM

U know what bro, u beat me in to trying that combo, I wont be using VP2 tho I aint got none at home, I will either use Designer whey or 100% whey. I usually just take two scoops of protein right after workout then I go home, and it takes me about an hour to get their, so I eat some chicken or tuna or since I am bulking right now, anything I see with another scoop of protein. :D

Smokey Bear 393 04-09-2005 06:12 PM

I believe in taking protein within 30 minutes of finishing my workout. I also, like to take protein just before I go to bed. Works for me.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.