|08-23-2007, 07:29 AM||#1|
| Joker13 |
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Somewhere in the USA
How To Drive In Los Angeles
HOW TO DRIVE IN LOS ANGELES
1. You must first learn to pronounce the city name, it is L A.
2. The morning rush hour is from 5:00am to noon. The evening rush hour is from noon to 7:00pm. Friday's rush hour starts on Thursday morning.
3. The minimum acceptable speed on most freeways is 85 mph. On the 105 or 110, your speed is expected to match the highway number. Anything less is considered "Wussy".
4. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. L A has its own version of traffic rules. For example, cars/trucks with the loudest muffler go first at a four-way stop; the trucks with the biggest tires go second. However, in Malibu , SUV-driving, cell phone-talking moms ALWAYS have the right of way.
5. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear ended, cussed out, and possibly shot.
6. Never honk at anyone. Ever. Seriously. It's another offense that can get you shot.
7. Road construction is permanent and continuous in all of L A and Orange counties. Detour barrels are moved around for your entertainment pleasure during the middle of the night to make the next day's driving a bit more exciting.
8. Watch carefully for road hazards such as drunks, skunks, dogs, cats, barrels, cones, celebs, rubberneckers, shredded tires, cell phoners, deer and other road kill, and the coyotes feeding on any of these items.
9. Map quest does not work here; none of the roads are where they say they are or go where they say they do, and all the freeway off and on ramps are moved each night.
10. If someone actually has their turn signal on, wave them to the shoulder immediately to let them know it has been "accidentally activated."
11. If you are in the left lane and only driving 70 in a 55-65 mph zone, you are considered a road hazard and will be "flipped off" accordingly. If you return the flip, you'll be shot.
12. Do not try to estimate travel time, just leave Monday afternoon for Tuesday appointments; by noon Thursday for Friday; and right after church on Sunday for anything on Monday morning.
|08-23-2007, 09:23 AM||#3|
| UmmmPain |
Experience: > 1 Year
Join Date: Jul 2007
I'm from L.A and i wen't back there this summer looking for a condo and it sucked. There were too many damn freeway ramps that leads back onto the same ones that you just gotten off an hour ago. Too much traffic i thought it was bad here in San Francisco. Ahhh how I love the bay area.
|08-23-2007, 09:26 AM||#4|
| triqqey |
Experience: > 1 Year
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Podunk, USA
lol, it's true!
I used to live in L.A. 7 years ago and not much has changed since. There's probably still construction going on to repave a 1/4 mile section of highway.
All hail the L.A. construction workers and their 20 work breaks and hour!