Go Back   Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net > Members Section > Personal Journals

BlueDeren's Journey

Personal Journals discussion on BlueDeren's Journey, within the Members Section; Hi Everyone! I have decided that one of the things I'd like to accomplish is to enter a Figure Competition. ...


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2007, 06:02 AM   #1
BlueDeren
Rank: New Member
Experience: > 1 Year
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7
Country:

Gender:
Default BlueDeren's Journey

Hi Everyone!

I have decided that one of the things I'd like to accomplish is to enter a Figure Competition. So, I believe the best place to start is a journal...it will make me accountable.

My plan is to stick to a 40/30/30 macro breakdown, 10-12 % calories (I weigh, roughly, 130 lbs) which I will log in Fitday and transcribe here.

My training will be as follows:
3 days of HIIT, 2-3 days of steady state cardio.
Mon-legs/abs
Tues-shoulders/back
wed-chest/arms/abs
thur-legs again
fri-assorted upper/abs

I workout at home because my location makes it prohibitive to visit a gym. Needless to say, I use free weights/bench, treadmill for inclimate weather, and even a Total Gym-lol

I look forward to contributing to what seems like a fun forum!

Here's me:



BlueDeren is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:03 AM   #2
BlueDeren
Rank: New Member
Experience: > 1 Year
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7
Country:

Gender:
Default



BlueDeren is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:02 AM   #3
_Wolf_
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: 5-7 Years
 
_Wolf_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,790
Country:

Gender:
Send a message via MSN to _Wolf_
Default

i am subscribed ;)

best of luck!
_Wolf_ is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #4
TALO
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: 5-7 Years
 
TALO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alberta , Canada
Posts: 3,076
Country:

Gender:
Default

Looks good.
What do you want your stage weight to be ? How tall are you ? And what does your diet look like ?
10-12% calories, of what ? being 130lbs I think starting with 1600 calories would be good. You might want to step the cardio up to 6-7 days a week.

Not to sure about the training aspect, but 5 days in a row might be hard to recover from. Espeically while you train to compete. 2 on one off, may be better.But that's just my opion... Rest is very important.


good luck

TALO's Sig:Cheap and good bulk supplements from Canada Protein
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TALO is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
BlueDeren
Rank: New Member
Experience: > 1 Year
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7
Country:

Gender:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel
i am subscribed ;)
best of luck!
Thank you for the well wishes, Sentinel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALO
Looks good.
What do you want your stage weight to be ?
Hi Talo, thank you! I'm not really sure, I've not done a BF % measurement, so I have no idea.

Quote:
How tall are you ? And what does your diet look like ?
10-12% calories, of what ? being 130lbs I think starting with 1600 calories would be good. You might want to step the cardio up to 6-7 days a week.
I'm 5'5", but I know my bf is higher than I'd like...squishy, you know...LOL. I've been consuming anywhere from 1300-1400 calories a day broken down into (about) 40% Protein, 30% Fat, and 30% Carbs. I was going to add some extra cardio sessions, perhaps even an early evening, second session.

Quote:
Not to sure about the training aspect, but 5 days in a row might be hard to recover from. Espeically while you train to compete. 2 on one off, may be better.But that's just my opion... Rest is very important.
I could break it into two days, then one off, then three days, one off, but the five days seem okay for now. I would assume once I start lifting heavier that that will change. I'm getting good amounts of sleep (at least seven hours a night).


Here's my schedule for today, I will edit in the wts training later and my M5 is still to come (6pm)

Feb 26, 2007

MEAL ONE-Protein Shake w/20 ounces water

AM-HIIT

M2-Protein Shake w/20 ounces water
10 almonds

M3-1 Can of Tuna
1 Medium Orange
4 Crackers
20 ounces water

M4-3 cups Lettuce
5 Baby Carrots
2 Tablespoons Dressing
2 pieces Wheat Bread
20 ounces water

LEGS






ABS



M5-Protein Shake w/20 ounces water


Total Calories-1034 (yep, a little low)
Protein-42%
Carbs-29%
Fat-29%
BlueDeren is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:11 PM   #6
TALO
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: 5-7 Years
 
TALO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alberta , Canada
Posts: 3,076
Country:

Gender:
Default

not to sure how long you have until you want to step on stage. But you might want to think about getting a trainer.... Just by looking , you don't have that much fat, so it's the litle things that you will have to do in order to tighten up.

I would get rid of the almonds ( i know they are good, but not if you want to go on stage) Salad dressing is not good...but what I find works and tastes good it vinegar and brown sugar twin.
Also you might want to think about replacing your shakes with real food. It does make a difference.

Here is the diet break down that my wife did in 05 before she got on stage.

1650 calories
825 calories protein/fat
825 calories carbs

1.5 oz (dry measurment) Oatmeal or cream of wheat or Shredded wheat 150
1/2 cup skim milk 45
4 egg whites 68

1/3 cup cooked rice or 2.5 oz potato or 1/2 cup yam 76
3 oz chicken breast or 4 oz tuna 147
1/2 mixed vegs or 1/4 cup corn or 1/3 peas 40

1/3 cup rice or 2.5 oz potato or 1/2 cup yam 76
3 oz chicken or 4 oz tuna 147
4 oz carrot or 5 oz broccoli or 5 oz cauliflower 40

1/2 cup rice or 4 oz potato 76
3 oz chicken breast or 4oz tuna or 6.5 147
1/2 cup mixed veg or 4 cups salad or 5 oz green beans 40

1/3 cup rice or 2.5 oz potato 76
4 oz turkey breast or 3.5 oz chicken or 3.5 oz halibut 147
1/2 cup mixed vegs or 5 green beans or 1/4 cup corn 40

1/2 cup rice or 4 oz potato or 2/3 cup yam 109
3 oz chicken or 9 egg whites 147
4 oz carrot or 4 cups salad 40
TALO is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:12 PM   #7
BlueDeren
Rank: New Member
Experience: > 1 Year
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7
Country:

Gender:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALO
not to sure how long you have until you want to step on stage. But you might want to think about getting a trainer.... Just by looking , you don't have that much fat, so it's the litle things that you will have to do in order to tighten up.
I'm shooting for a November show. I wish I could afford a trainer , perhaps I could manage a few consultations.

Quote:
I would get rid of the almonds ( i know they are good, but not if you want to go on stage) Salad dressing is not good...but what I find works and tastes good it vinegar and brown sugar twin.
Also you might want to think about replacing your shakes with real food. It does make a difference.
Darn, I knew those almonds were too good to be true. I know the dressing is not a good choice, I'll give the vinegar/brown sugar a try. The shakes seem like an economical protein choice...I don't know if I can manage all that tuna....*must find good tuna recipes*

Quote:
Here is the diet break down that my wife did in 05 before she got on stage.

1650 calories
825 calories protein/fat
825 calories carbs

1.5 oz (dry measurment) Oatmeal or cream of wheat or Shredded wheat 150
1/2 cup skim milk 45
4 egg whites 68

1/3 cup cooked rice or 2.5 oz potato or 1/2 cup yam 76
3 oz chicken breast or 4 oz tuna 147
1/2 mixed vegs or 1/4 cup corn or 1/3 peas 40

1/3 cup rice or 2.5 oz potato or 1/2 cup yam 76
3 oz chicken or 4 oz tuna 147
4 oz carrot or 5 oz broccoli or 5 oz cauliflower 40

1/2 cup rice or 4 oz potato 76
3 oz chicken breast or 4oz tuna or 6.5 147
1/2 cup mixed veg or 4 cups salad or 5 oz green beans 40

1/3 cup rice or 2.5 oz potato 76
4 oz turkey breast or 3.5 oz chicken or 3.5 oz halibut 147
1/2 cup mixed vegs or 5 green beans or 1/4 cup corn 40

1/2 cup rice or 4 oz potato or 2/3 cup yam 109
3 oz chicken or 9 egg whites 147
4 oz carrot or 4 cups salad 40

Look like a great plan, Talo! I'll copy it out and see what I can apply. Thank you very much for all your suggestions, great stuff there

BTW, my training for today, I tired to edit it into my last post but there was no option for it.

Feb 26, 2007

LEGS
Extensions
45#'s 3 sets of 20
Curls
45#'s 20/15/12
Calf Raises
50#'s 3 sets of 20
Step ups
2 foot rise with 10 # db
20/15/10
Squats
45#-15
51#-15
57#-10

ABS
Incline Situps w/30#'s
3 sets of 20
Hanging Leg Raises
3 sets of 20

I know these weights aren't great but I'm trying to make steady progress.

Good night everyone! It's been a successful, motivating day for me. I'm happy with this day's accomplishment and feel better about tommorrow
BlueDeren is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
TALO
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: 5-7 Years
 
TALO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alberta , Canada
Posts: 3,076
Country:

Gender:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDeren View Post
I'm shooting for a November show.
You have a lot of time. That diet that I gave you, she started it 3 months before her show

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDeren View Post
The shakes seem like an economical protein choice...I don't know if I can manage all that tuna....*must find good tuna recipes* .
I'm sure doing them now isn't that bad, but the closer you get your going to want to cut them out. There are some good tuna recipes on this site, you just have to watch what you eat.... We eat alot of tuna, because of that fact that it's less than $1 can
TALO is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:09 AM   #9
hrdgain81
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: 5-7 Years
 
hrdgain81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,715

Default

To be honest, if you keep doing what i see you posting here, your gonna burn yourself out way before november. Plus, you said you are entering a figure competition, that means you not only need to be lean, but muscular as well.

I would drop your cardio down quite a bit until your about 3 or 3.5 months out, the catabolic effects of cardio everyday plus wieght training are gonna really wear you down. Slow and steady, thats the key.

hrdgain81's Sig:I don't do this for my family, my friends, women, accolades, pride, or ego. I do it for me and no one else, its just part of who I am.
hrdgain81 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:50 AM   #10
TALO
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: 5-7 Years
 
TALO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alberta , Canada
Posts: 3,076
Country:

Gender:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdgain81 View Post
To be honest, if you keep doing what i see you posting here, your gonna burn yourself out way before november. Plus, you said you are entering a figure competition, that means you not only need to be lean, but muscular as well.

I would drop your cardio down quite a bit until your about 3 or 3.5 months out, the catabolic effects of cardio everyday plus wieght training are gonna really wear you down. Slow and steady, thats the key.

Yes, but if she keeps her calorie intake up , then she can not only burn away the fat (not much to begin with) but add some muscle... 9 months is a long ways away....So agree she dosen't need to over do it with anything right now.
TALO is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net > Members Section > Personal Journals


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.