Go Back   Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net > Members Section > Personal Journals

Hyper Abbreviated Routine

Personal Journals discussion on Hyper Abbreviated Routine, within the Members Section; Floor Press Right Arm : 36, 39.5 not easy enough Deadlift : 155, 172.5 much easier I found that a ...


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 05:58 AM   #61
Kinryoku
Rank: Member
Experience: 7-10 Years
 
Kinryoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 100

Gender:
Default

Floor Press Right Arm : 36, 39.5 not easy enough
Deadlift : 155, 172.5 much easier

I found that a Warm up Single with 90% of my Work Rep is very benefical. My previous warm up on Deadlift was ineffective (not hard/heavy enough). Today 172.5kg were much easier ! I don't know if a more extensive warm up would be better but now with a 1RM of 100kg I'll always train like that :

Warm up Single : 85kg (90% of 95kg)
Work Single : 95kg (95% of 100kg)

I'll try something like : 75-85-95 too see if it's better but I think that only one warm up single is enough, too much would produce fatigue and too easy/light would have no effect.
Kinryoku is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #62
Pitysister
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: > 1 Year
 
Pitysister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,221
Country:

Gender:
Default

you just overtrained. and your results will show as such.










Pitysister is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #63
EricT
Rank: Heavyweight
Experience: 7-10 Years
 
EricT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,314
Country:

Gender:
Default

This is some big elaborate joke, right, and this guy is laughing his ass off right now...

Some people will do any thing for comic masturbation.

EricT's Sig:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


If you act sanctimonious I will just list out your logical fallacies until you get pissed off and spew blasphemous remarks.
EricT is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #64
Kinryoku
Rank: Member
Experience: 7-10 Years
 
Kinryoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 100

Gender:
Default

If I have a reason to laught it would be because you cannot believe my training is real. What's so incredible ? I do 2 Singles per Lift, one warm up and one Heavy. I used to do only One but I found a warm up helpful (and boring...).

I cannot overtrain anymore because I never train with real maximum weight my time under tension is never more than 2-3 seconds depending of the exercise. MAX Force - MIN Fatigue. That's it. If you lift a maximum weight you'll overtrain because your neuromuscular system must try to maintain a maximum force for 2-3x more Time (due to the sticking point). You'll use much more nervous energy for the same stimulation.

Today :

Curl Left Arm : 24, 27
Curl Right Arm : 22, 4x1x24.5, 2x1x25
Floor Press Left Arm : 36, 40
Floor Press Right Arm : 36, 39

Kinryoku is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:36 AM   #65
Kane
Rank: Middleweight
Experience: 3-5 Years
 
Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,238
Country:

Gender:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinryoku View Post

I cannot overtrain anymore because I never train with real maximum weight my time under tension is never more than 2-3 seconds depending of the exercise. MAX Force - MIN Fatigue. That's it. If you lift a maximum weight you'll overtrain because your neuromuscular system must try to maintain a maximum force for 2-3x more Time (due to the sticking point). You'll use much more nervous energy for the same stimulation.
That's not correct.

I'll pick at the obvious statements.

Quote:
If you lift a maximum weight you'll overtrain because your neuromuscular system must try to maintain a maximum force for 2-3x more Time (due to the sticking point)
What about a maximal lift without a sticking point? Just because its a max weight doesn't mean there is a sticking point and it doesn't mean you have to struggle through a sticking point.

Your "neuromuscular system" is not made of glass. Yes, an all out effort with some struggling will tax it more than a 'clean' maximal lift but hitting a sticking point or grinding out a rep that lasts 10 seconds is not going to put you into an overtrained state. Especially if you're only doing 1 or 2 reps.

Quote:
You'll use much more nervous energy for the same stimulation.
'Nervous energy' doesn't make any sense. I'm assuming you're talking about some kind of training effect and neural fatigue. A single at 90% or a single at 98% definitely do not create the same stimulus. Even 93% and 95% are different. You factor in the amount of effort it takes at those higher percentages and the amount of fatigue and you've got 2 different animals. That's why a failed single rep is sometimes counted as 2.

Failure or extended reps with great amounts of effort are not bad things. Doing them constantly is, occasionally its even a good thing.



I didn't say this before but the main thing I object to in this training is the over-analysis of the fatigue aspect. Fatigue is important but it is just one small piece and by concentrating on that one small thing you overlook the big picture. You're so over-conscious of avoiding overtraining that you're not even training enough to get a decent training effect.

If you train smart you can manage fatigue by manipulating volume. As long as you give yourself a period to dissipate fatigue it cannot accumulate to the point of overtraining. That period can even be a single workout, it does not have to be a full deload period. The only other thing you have to worry about is not training to failure every other rep. Keep those two things in check and avoiding overtraining is not a problem at all.

Kane's Sig:"Pain don't hurt" - Dalton

"NO, this is my squat rack. Go get your own!"

"Damn that's shit heavy" - Wolf


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kane is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #66
Kinryoku
Rank: Member
Experience: 7-10 Years
 
Kinryoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 100

Gender:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
Your "neuromuscular system" is not made of glass. Yes, an all out effort with some struggling will tax it more than a 'clean' maximal lift but hitting a sticking point or grinding out a rep that lasts 10 seconds is not going to put you into an overtrained state. Especially if you're only doing 1 or 2 reps.
One 1RM won't overtrain you but it'll deeply fatigue/deplete your local nervous system. If you lift your 1RM workout after workout you'll lose strength quickly, a few weeks, 2-3 months at best depending of the frequency. I know I did it a lot of times since 2007. If you stay around 95-97% you'll never accumulate fatigue because the time under tension is very short. Like you said a 1RM can last up to 10 seconds and very often 4-6 seconds while an heavy single at 95-97% will take 2-3 seconds at most. Maximum force generation with as little fatigue as possible. It's like a Static Hold. If you can hold a weight 5 seconds before falling, then you must stop at after 2-3 seconds if not Force is not increased but fatigue/effort explode. As the motor units lose contractile force (maybe due to a lack of energy) the PNS must increase the signal and thus get deeply fatigued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
A single at 90% or a single at 98% definitely do not create the same stimulus. Even 93% and 95% are different. You factor in the amount of effort it takes at those higher percentages and the amount of fatigue and you've got 2 different animals. That's why a failed single rep is sometimes counted as 2.
In my experience anything below ~90-95% will not provide a stimulus (assuming you are doing only 1 set of 1 rep). In 2008 I trained at 80%, 85%, 90% and I lost strength. It's only when I tried 94-97% that I have been able to regain and gain. Up to ~95-97% the TUT and the Effort are relatively short/low but if you go beyond ~95-97% the TUT and Effort explode. That's a BIG problem. Like I said doing it once a while is OK but doing it every workout is the best way to stale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
Failure or extended reps with great amounts of effort are not bad things. Doing them constantly is, occasionally its even a good thing.
I think they are good to test your maximum performances and to remember what's a MAX EFFORT but they are not needed for maximum stimulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
I didn't say this before but the main thing I object to in this training is the over-analysis of the fatigue aspect. Fatigue is important but it is just one small piece and by concentrating on that one small thing you overlook the big picture. You're so over-conscious of avoiding overtraining that you're not even training enough to get a decent training effect.
I'm sure that only One Set (rep) is optimal but I test volume. Since 1month my Right Biceps is trained with 6 singles versus 1 for the Left. In 2 months I'll see if there is a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
If you train smart you can manage fatigue by manipulating volume. As long as you give yourself a period to dissipate fatigue it cannot accumulate to the point of overtraining. That period can even be a single workout, it does not have to be a full deload period. The only other thing you have to worry about is not training to failure every other rep. Keep those two things in check and avoiding overtraining is not a problem at all.
Kinryoku is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #67
Kinryoku
Rank: Member
Experience: 7-10 Years
 
Kinryoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 100

Gender:
Default

Floor Pres Right Arm : 36, 39 easy (I went back from 39.5 to 39... but now I could probably do 39.5 again, I'll try tomorrow)
Deadlift : 155, 173.75 not very easy but I can stay at that weight.

I'll deadlift more than my previous PR (175kg) in a few workouts then every increment will consistute a PR
Kinryoku is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #68
Kinryoku
Rank: Member
Experience: 7-10 Years
 
Kinryoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 100

Gender:
Default

Yesterday I tested my maximum on the Curl (back against a wall) :

Left Arm : 24, 28.5, 29 under // +1.5kg in 28 days
Right Arm : 22, 26.5, 27 at // +1.5 in 28 days

Both the 1x1x95% and the 6x1x95% Arm made the same gains. Like I thought it really seems volume has no influence on stimulation.

Floor Press Right Arm : 36, 39.5
Deadlift : 155, 173.75


Kinryoku is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #69
Kinryoku
Rank: Member
Experience: 7-10 Years
 
Kinryoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 100

Gender:
Default

I'll do all lifts everyday excepted the Left Arm on Floor Press (1/2 days to test Frequency). Deadlift might be too hard everyday... sometimes if I feel tired I'll skip it. My lower back is not 100% recovered but... I feel I can deadlift heavy at least 5 times per week.

Today :

Deadlift : 155, 176.25 PR now everytime I'll add weight it'll be a PR which is very pleasing.
Curl Left Arm : 25, 27.5 (I should have put 27kg... mistake)
Curl Right Arm : 24, 6x1x25kg
Floor Press Right Arm : 36, 39.5kg

Everything was fine excepted the Left Arm Curl a little bit too heavy.
Kinryoku is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:50 AM   #70
Kinryoku
Rank: Member
Experience: 7-10 Years
 
Kinryoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 100

Gender:
Default

Deadlift : 155, 176.75 +0.5
Curl Left Arm : 24, 27 easy
Curl Right Arm : 23, 6x1x25kg
Floor Press Right Arm : 36, 40kg easy

I'm really happy I cannot overtrain anymore and 95-97% is perfect for optimal stimulation without fatigue. The DL was really relatively easy. I may jump to ~182kg next week.

Kinryoku is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net > Members Section > Personal Journals


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.