Go Back   Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net > Members Section > Personal Journals

Hyper Abbreviated Routine

Personal Journals discussion on Hyper Abbreviated Routine, within the Members Section; I agree. I wonder if he did that again in exactly the same way if his entire body would hemorrhage....


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #81
Ross86
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: > 1 Year
 
Ross86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,268
Country:

Gender:
Send a message via AIM to Ross86
Default

I agree. I wonder if he did that again in exactly the same way if his entire body would hemorrhage.
Ross86 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:05 AM   #82
_Wolf_
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: 5-7 Years
 
_Wolf_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,790
Country:

Gender:
Send a message via MSN to _Wolf_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross86 View Post
Because he's an idiot.
I like the bluntness in this thread.

For the record:

I agree.

_Wolf_ is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #83
Kinryoku
Rank: Member
Experience: 7-10 Years
 
Kinryoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 100

Gender:
Default

Quote:
He's pretending to carry out an experiment. The only constant in what he's doing is that everything is done incorrectly. Whatever he does gather will mean exactly nothing since he hasn't followed a proper, strict, methodology
I guess it's your way to protect yourself from a reality you don't want to see. You have your own ideas about training and you'll defend them because you cannot accept the fact that you could be wrong which would imply that since X years you have wasted your time and effort : too much volume, too many exercises, high reps / light weight endurance training, and too high effort leading to overtraining. It's up to you to blindly stay and defend your reality or have the courage to imagine that what you are doing is wrong. There is nothing more I can do for you.

Why a rounded back Deadlift ? Because I wrongly thought that if I could use an heavier load it implied that the muscles of the BACK and/or Legs were working Harder. It was a mistake because if the Back is Rounded it means that the muscles cannot maintain an extension of the back despite maximum force output and thus they are fatigued / overtrained. Plus... there is the risk for the spine. So like all of you I have been a victim of the belief that "more is better" (I thought more load, heavier load would be better and didn't even care about the risk).

Workout number 3 : (since the adjustment of the loads)

Deadlift : 130, 145
Curl Left Arm : 24, 27
Curl Right Arm : 22, 25
Floor Press Right Arm : 36, 41
Floor Press Left Arm : 36, 41

BTW I knew this video but it was funny to look at it again ! My form was not as bad as that but my back was rounded.
Kinryoku is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #84
Jonson
Rank: Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Essex
Posts: 209
Country:

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALO View Post
HA-HA-HA !! That's the funniest thing I've seen in awhile.
Thats the Scariest thing I've seen in a while!
Jonson is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #85
Jonson
Rank: Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Essex
Posts: 209
Country:

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinryoku View Post
I guess it's your way to protect yourself from a reality you don't want to see. You have your own ideas about training and you'll defend them because you cannot accept the fact that you could be wrong which would imply that since X years you have wasted your time and effort : too much volume, too many exercises, high reps / light weight endurance training, and too high effort leading to overtraining. It's up to you to blindly stay and defend your reality or have the courage to imagine that what you are doing is wrong. There is nothing more I can do for you.
There is also such a thing as too little volume and too little exercises, and too low effort that leads to undertraining which = Zero progress.
Jonson is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #86
_Wolf_
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: 5-7 Years
 
_Wolf_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,790
Country:

Gender:
Send a message via MSN to _Wolf_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinryoku View Post
I guess it's your way to protect yourself from a reality you don't want to see. You have your own ideas about training and you'll defend them because you cannot accept the fact that you could be wrong which would imply that since X years you have wasted your time and effort : too much volume, too many exercises, high reps / light weight endurance training, and too high effort leading to overtraining. It's up to you to blindly stay and defend your reality or have the courage to imagine that what you are doing is wrong. There is nothing more I can do for you.

Why a rounded back Deadlift ? Because I wrongly thought that if I could use an heavier load it implied that the muscles of the BACK and/or Legs were working Harder. It was a mistake because if the Back is Rounded it means that the muscles cannot maintain an extension of the back despite maximum force output and thus they are fatigued / overtrained. Plus... there is the risk for the spine. So like all of you I have been a victim of the belief that "more is better" (I thought more load, heavier load would be better and didn't even care about the risk).
You suck.
_Wolf_ is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #87
Kinryoku
Rank: Member
Experience: 7-10 Years
 
Kinryoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 100

Gender:
Default

Jonson yes but that's not my case. I'm making progress in the DL, Press and Curl. I'm able to increase the weight progressively but I have to be patient. At the end of the year I'll be much stronger IF I don't try to increase the load too fast which would overtrain me.

Wolf I hope for you that you can make progress despite your (over)training.
Kinryoku is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #88
Jonson
Rank: Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Essex
Posts: 209
Country:

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinryoku View Post
Jonson yes but that's not my case. I'm making progress in the DL, Press and Curl. I'm able to increase the weight progressively but I have to be patient. At the end of the year I'll be much stronger IF I don't try to increase the load too fast which would overtrain me.

Wolf I hope for you that you can make progress despite your (over)training.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinryoku View Post
Deadlift : 160, 179.5 easy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinryoku View Post
Workout number 3 : (since the adjustment of the loads)

Deadlift : 130, 145
[BTW I knew this video but it was funny to look at it again ! My form was not as bad as that but my back was rounded.
Great progress, from an easy 179.5 with a rounded back to 145 with a strait back
Jonson is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #89
Kinryoku
Rank: Member
Experience: 7-10 Years
 
Kinryoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 100

Gender:
Default

Yes when I did 179.5kg it felt easy. It means that I could have lifted probably around 185kg. With a straight back my 1RM is around 155kg and thus 30kg lighter. MAYBE I'll be able to lift much heavier after 2-3 weeks of adaptation to the new style. BUT when you round your back the distance is shorter and the hips/tighs aren't in the same position. For ME it was much easier to lift with a rounded back BUT like I said I may be able to lift much heavier with a good technique in a few weeks. We will see...

179.5kg on the DL is my absolute best performance it was a Personal Record and thus I make progress. If you look at the strongest Pullers they very often round their back for a maximum performance. You know BOB PEOPLES ? Here's what he said about DL :

Quote:
Bob had learned as much about deadlifting as anybody ever had—and then some: “At this time I waslifting on normally filled lungs. However I then started lifting on empty lungs and with a round back — that is, I would breathe out to normal, then do my deadlift. I feel this is safer than followingt he customary advice . . . to take a deep breath and then deadlift. By breathing out you lessen the internal pressure and by lifting with a round back, you lessen the leverage all of which helps add many pounds to your lift.”
Yes you are stronger (maybe not 30kg stronger) but the muscles of the back are easily overtrained and the risk ofinjury increase despite what says Bob Peoples.
Kinryoku is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #90
Kane
Rank: Middleweight
Experience: 3-5 Years
 
Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,238
Country:

Gender:
Default

If you read about strength training for about five minutes you'd know that you can perform high intensity training for extended periods of time by manipulating volume to dissipate fatigue.

Not only this but you would also know that 1 rep is NOT enough to create a training effect, even if you're a beginner.

You're so fixated on fatigue and overtraining that you're dwarfing your training to the point where it becomes pointless and of no use. Fatigue is a side effect of your training stressor, it is not the main goal and it is not something you get directly. You don't exercise to fatigue muscles, you exercise and the stressor causes fatigue, you train for the stressor.

Increases in fitness or ability come from chronic exposure because your body adapts to the environment its put in, not because you lifted a heavy barbell one time.

Do you really know how hard it is to overtrain? Because it is not easy. You can overeach for quite some time before you become overtrained. What you thought was overtraining could have been overreaching.

And seriously, how can you say with a straight face that a single rep bicep curl is a measure of strength. Floor press, deadlift and bicep curl are your measures of strength. That is not even close to being a balanced program.

Like Ross said, I hope nobody is taking ths seriously because this is NOT the way to do strength training.

I'll leave you with this. Today I did 8 singles on deadlifts, all well above 90% and probably higher than 95%, next week I will do 6, the week after 10 and the week after that 2 singles. In one month I have performed some very intense lifting, disipatted fatigue by managing volume and that amount of volume (during one month for me) would take you 26 sessions.

26 sessions @ 3-4 sessions per week is about 6-8 weeks. I repeat my cycle for a full year (which I have done) and that is equivalent to 312 of your 1 rep sessions. 3-4 sessions per week is 78-104 weeks which is 1.5-2 years.

We could keep going but my point is that it takes you 1.5-2 times longer to get the same volume.

Kane's Sig:"Pain don't hurt" - Dalton

"NO, this is my squat rack. Go get your own!"

"Damn that's shit heavy" - Wolf


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kane is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net > Members Section > Personal Journals


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.