Go Back   Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net > Members Section > Personal Journals

Kane's Training-Modified Version of Needsize's 5x5

Personal Journals discussion on Kane's Training-Modified Version of Needsize's 5x5, within the Members Section; Day 2 Back/Shoulders 180lbs!!! Standing Military Press [5x5] 105 Upright Rows [3x8-10 (w) 2x8-10 (c)] 85 Deads [5x5] 255 JS ...


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2006, 01:20 PM   #11
Kane
Rank: Middleweight
Experience: 3-5 Years
 
Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,238
Country:

Gender:
Default

Day 2 Back/Shoulders
180lbs!!!
Standing Military Press [5x5] 105
Upright Rows [3x8-10 (w) 2x8-10 (c)] 85
Deads [5x5] 255
JS Rows [2x8-10] 155
Chins [2x8-10] BW
Shrugs [2x8-10] 225
Hammer Strength Row [2x8-10] 180

Pretty kickass workout today. I took 0311's suggestion and did 3 sets of widegrip (w) (highpulls) and 2 sets of close grip (c), after doing the wide grip, the close grip felt really good. Thanks for the advice man .
Overall it was pretty high intensity and I'm happy with the numbers I put up.

Kane's Sig:"Pain don't hurt" - Dalton

"NO, this is my squat rack. Go get your own!"

"Damn that's shit heavy" - Wolf


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kane is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:26 PM   #12
_Wolf_
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: 5-7 Years
 
_Wolf_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,790
Country:

Gender:
Send a message via MSN to _Wolf_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Overall it was pretty high intensity and I'm happy with the numbers I put up.
great
_Wolf_ is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 05:04 AM   #13
hrdgain81
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: 5-7 Years
 
hrdgain81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,715

Default

The program looks solid kane. Real good deadlift numbers too man. keep addin wieght to the bar and you'll be fine.
hrdgain81 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:01 PM   #14
Kane
Rank: Middleweight
Experience: 3-5 Years
 
Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,238
Country:

Gender:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdgain81
The program looks solid kane. Real good deadlift numbers too man. keep addin wieght to the bar and you'll be fine.
Thanks hrdgain.
Kane is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:06 PM   #15
Kane
Rank: Middleweight
Experience: 3-5 Years
 
Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,238
Country:

Gender:
Default

Day 5 Bis/Tris
180lbs
Close Grip Bench [5x5] 155
Barbell Curls [5x5] 75
Seated Tricep Extension [2x8-10] 75
Incline Hammer Curls [2x8-10] 35
Weighted Dips [2x8-10] BW
Preacher Curls [2x8-10] 75

Solid workout today, left the gym with an amazing arm pump. BB Curls, Seated Extensions and preachers curl are at their max for now due to my forearms. I can handle those weights no problem, but if I increase the weight any higher then my forearms will act up. I also did some forearm work at the end of the workout. Overall I'm satisfied with these numbers for now.
Kane is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:04 AM   #16
Kane
Rank: Middleweight
Experience: 3-5 Years
 
Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,238
Country:

Gender:
Default

Day 6 Legs
180lbs (almost there, one more weigh-in and I've got my goal )
A2G Squats[1x5] 135,155,165,175,185
Leg Press [2x8-10] 200
Leg Curls [2x8-10] 130
Seated Calf Raises [5x15] 90
Abs

I decided to change A2G Squats from a [5x5] to a [1x5] just so I can really pound my legs. I did a warm-up first and then my working sets and when all was said and done...I did 9 sets of A2G squats :17: ...Everything else was pretty much standard, ie. lots of muscle pain (the good kind though). I did ab work but its nothing crazy so I'll spare the details.

Here's what I did for my warm-up (A2G Squats):
1x10 70lbs
1x10 95lbs
1x8 105lbs
1x6 120lbs
Kane is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #17
ChinPieceDave667
Rank: Middleweight
Experience: 5-7 Years
 
ChinPieceDave667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: 7th layer.. or DC.
Posts: 2,329
Country:

Gender:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Here's what I did for my warm-up (A2G Squats):
1x10 70lbs
1x10 95lbs
1x8 105lbs
1x6 120lbs
next time try this out:
1x10 70lbs (normal to fast)
1x8 95lbs (slowish to normal)
1x6 105lbs (normal)
1x4 120lbs (normal to slow)
1x2 135lbs (slow down and fast power up)

you will actually do less reps and more weight so you will be able to get use to the load. also I find the last set of slow and really focus on powering up fast helps with the muscle fibers firing off in a power lifting sort of way, (like doing speed lifting), just make sure you don't lock your knees, you could hurt yourself that way, just stop shy of lockout.

Your warm up is not wrong, it is good. I just wanted to share what I do and see if anybody else would have good results with it. what do you think?

ChinPieceDave667's Sig:Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift, Thats why it's called the Present.

MONSTER: My Strength Endurance Journal, Part 2: The Strength Endurance Journal Returns <--NEW

BULKING: My 5X5 Journal

CUTTING: My CKD Max-OT Journal, My HST Cutting Journal


ChinPieceDave667 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:09 PM   #18
EricT
Rank: Heavyweight
Experience: 7-10 Years
 
EricT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,314
Country:

Gender:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
did a warm-up first and then my working sets and when all was said and done...I did 9 sets of A2G squats :17:
Dave's way is closer to what I do, but I don't go slow down on the acclimation sets. Unless he just means normal and controlled as opposed to the fast power up, in which case I do.

But regardless, keep in mind that a warm-up, including the acclimations, shouldn't really be taxing to you. They should get you ready and enable you to lift to your maximum, but not take anything out of you really. The only reason I mention this is because you mentioned the number of sets you did including the warm-ups (and also the "tears"). Makes me thing they are impacting you in some way if only phsychologically.

EricT's Sig:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


If you act sanctimonious I will just list out your logical fallacies until you get pissed off and spew blasphemous remarks.
EricT is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:26 PM   #19
Kane
Rank: Middleweight
Experience: 3-5 Years
 
Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,238
Country:

Gender:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinPieceDave667
next time try this out:
1x10 70lbs (normal to fast)
1x8 95lbs (slowish to normal)
1x6 105lbs (normal)
1x4 120lbs (normal to slow)
1x2 135lbs (slow down and fast power up)

you will actually do less reps and more weight so you will be able to get use to the load. also I find the last set of slow and really focus on powering up fast helps with the muscle fibers firing off in a power lifting sort of way, (like doing speed lifting), just make sure you don't lock your knees, you could hurt yourself that way, just stop shy of lockout.

Your warm up is not wrong, it is good. I just wanted to share what I do and see if anybody else would have good results with it. what do you think?
I think that warm-up looks good man. I will giv'er a shot next time


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric3237
Dave's way is closer to what I do, but I don't go slow down on the acclimation sets. Unless he just means normal and controlled as opposed to the fast power up, in which case I do.

But regardless, keep in mind that a warm-up, including the acclimations, shouldn't really be taxing to you. They should get you ready and enable you to lift to your maximum, but not take anything out of you really. The only reason I mention this is because you mentioned the number of sets you did including the warm-ups (and also the "tears"). Makes me thing they are impacting you in some way if only phsychologically.
I put the tears in because I was in the squat box for so long lol. The warm-up sets weren't super super easy, but they didn't take anything off of my workout sets. Thanks for looking out for me Eric.
Kane is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:33 PM   #20
EricT
Rank: Heavyweight
Experience: 7-10 Years
 
EricT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,314
Country:

Gender:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
I put the tears in because I was in the squat box for so long lol.
That's what I thought but I figured it doesn't hurt to make sure!
EricT is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net > Members Section > Personal Journals


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.