|08-23-2007, 01:01 PM||#11|
| TALO |
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: 5-7 Years
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alberta , Canada
Smoky-Jalapeño Grilled Chicken
Nutrients per serving
30.4 g protein
5.3 g fat
0.9 g carbohydrates
266 mg sodium
Preparation time 10 min
Grilling Time 10 min
Marinating Time 30 min
Makes 6 servings
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 chipotle in adobo sauce (Chipotles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapeño peppers in a dark red sauce of ground chilies, herbs and vinegar. They're sold in cans in many supermarkets and make a dynamite marinade for chicken.)
3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
1 tsp (5 mL) regular paprika or 1/2 tsp (2 mL) smoked paprika
1/2 tsp (2 mL) each cayenne, garlic powder and honey
1. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Finely grate peel from 1 lime and squeeze juice from both limes into a small bowl. Finely chop chipotle, including seeds. Add to lime mixture, then stir in oil, salt, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder and honey. Pour half over chicken and set the rest aside. Refrigerate for at least 30 min or up to 2 hours but no longer or the acid from the lime juice will start to “cook” the chicken.
2. Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium. Place chicken on grill. Discard marinade. Barbecue with lid closed, turning occasionally, 10 to 12 min. Place on plates and drizzle saved marinade overtop.
|08-25-2007, 11:15 PM||#12|
| IronKitten |
Experience: 10+ Years
Join Date: Jul 2007
Just came across this one... haven't tried it yet, but I'm definitely gonna!!
3 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extact
1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
1/2 cup Splenda
1. Put egg whites and cream of tarter in large bowl and mix until foamy.
2. Add vanilla and Splenda and beat for 1 minute
3. Mix on high until it becomes more of a fluffy batter
4. Spoon onto PAM sprayed baking sheet (leave room between as these will expand when cooking).
4. Bake at 300* until brown and crispy = about 15 min..
** I assume any kind of extract/flavoring will be fine. I plan to try using some Torani SF syrups for chocolate, hazelnut and/or almond roca cookies