Go Back   Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net > Bodybuilding Forum > Articles > Training Articles

How To Build Bigger Biceps In 3 Easy Steps by Jeff Anderson

Training Articles discussion on How To Build Bigger Biceps In 3 Easy Steps by Jeff Anderson, within the Articles; How To Build Bigger Biceps In 3 Easy Steps by Jeff Anderson Clint Eastwood wouldn't have been a very intimidating ...


Reply
 
LinkBack Article Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2006, 04:00 AM   #11
_Wolf_
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: 5-7 Years
 
_Wolf_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,790
Country:

Gender:
Send a message via MSN to _Wolf_
Default How To Build Bigger Biceps In 3 Easy Steps by Jeff Anderson

How To Build Bigger Biceps In 3 Easy Steps
by Jeff Anderson


Clint Eastwood wouldn't have been a very intimidating Dirty Harry if all he pulled out was a little .22 caliber pistol to make his point. He knew that to really make the bad guy's knees shake and the lady's legs quiver, a .44 M

 
_Wolf_ is offline   Reply With Quote
  #10  
Kane on 04-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Default

Maybe train biceps 5 times a week for 2 weeks...then once a week for 2 weeks and then nothing for 2 weeks....You'll have hit your bi's 12 times in a month and a half...Way better than my routine, I only hit bi's 6 times in that period (excluding compounds of course) ;)

I should write for M&F lol...(sorry, couldn't resist posting my smart-ass comments )
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #11  
_Wolf_ on 04-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric3237
And you're telling people to PM you for routines?

What's there to be confused about? The first article you posted says one thing, the Don Long article says the opposite. I haven't even bothered with the Ronnie Coleman one. Two opposite schools of thought in the same thread. Which is it?

You keep telling people they don't need to do a lot of bicep isolations. That the compound movements and heavy frequent squatting, etc is the key. You even told someone that biceps three times a week was hopeless....and you were on the right track for the most part, imo.

Then you post the Jeff Anderson article that basically agrees with that in spirit although it doesn't go into many specifics. But in the same thread you post something helpful for someone "obsessed with biceps". You're fence sitting.

The triceps thing was a joke. My point is that anyone can throw a bunce of isolations together with multiple rep ranges and sets and then claim that this one is for shape and this one is for that and this one is for that one little fiber that no other exercise will ever hit... Mine was better though cuz it went to 20. Wait a minute, I just thought of an improvement: Mine now goes to 21! This is muscle mag BS.

Don't blame me!

ok..i get your point.... and i told him that if he wanted a routine and he couldnt find one, he could pm me because i'd probably have the one he wanted... and i think that doing heavy rows, etc - in general compound movements, stimulates arm growth as well, because although my arms havent grown in terms of inches on Mark's program, they're looking bigger and have become more "dense" if you know what i mean..... however, to be honest, i think that ignoring arms isnt a good idea.. i mean, when i started doing skull crushers my bench improved right...? the only thing to keep in mind is that curls are not more important than deadlifts or rows or etc...

also, i started this as a "bicep" thread in mind, and decided to throw in different articles regarding biceps.... and sometimes, overtraining on a bodypart might help.. lets take kane's example, he overtrained like mad on his biceps when he started out (or so he says) and now he can lift heavier... me, i never did excess arm work... yet, my arms are big but weak.... when i began lifting i overtraned on my chest and back therefore i have a good chest but a horrible bench...

my point is, i am not fence sitting... i put these articles to merely add to the bicep thread... i have already said which policy I believe in and hopefully, i've made myself clear....

have you noticed another thing...? when we do full body programs, we do biceps and triceps 3x a week for a total of 12x a month....

but i'll go over it once more..

1.) doing biceps and triceps is important
2.) however, it is not MORE important than squats, deads or bench press

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Long
If your biceps are a weak bodypart, don't be afraid to train them several times a week. Getting the blood and nutrients into the muscle more regularly will spur them into growth, and your mental desire to improve will outweigh any considerations of not allowing what is normally considered to be adequate recuperation time. Biceps are one of the smaller muscle groups, and they don't need the same period of recuperation as a large muscle group like quads or back. With regard to recuperation, I think the most important factor is getting eight hours of solid sleep a night. The bottom line with biceps; if you want them badly enough, you'll get them!
thats so stupid... arms take a LONG time to recover as well.. ask kane.. he did OVT.. no chance in hell his arms recovered in one day..!

BUT, if i do 2-3 sets of bis + tris every alternate day, i'll be good to go...

i hope this has cleared up all the issues...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Kane on 04-19-2006, 05:33 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj247
and sometimes, overtraining on a bodypart might help.. lets take kane's example, he overtrained like mad on his biceps when he started out (or so he says) and now he can lift heavier...
I did overtrain my biceps alot, multiple sets after failure. But I had pretty much no muscle, I started curling 15lb DB and I ate everything in sight. Although it worked for me, I wouldn't really recommend doing it. (I actually didn't know I was overtraining until after the fact because I still believed the more I workout the more I'll grow ;))

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj247
arms take a LONG time to recover as well.. ask kane.. he did OVT.. no chance in hell his arms recovered in one day..!
Yeah OVT arms took the next half of the day to recover...but if you compared the recover time of OVT Arms to the recovery time of OVT Legs, it seems alot shorter. Legs took me about a day and a half, maybe 2 days.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #13  
EricT on 04-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj
although my arms havent grown in terms of inches on Mark's program, they're looking bigger and have become more "dense" if you know what i mean
Yes. I expect you got some growth. You're dealing with geometry, remember, so sometimes you can see what seems like pretty good size gains before it registers on a tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj
also, i started this as a "bicep" thread in mind, and decided to throw in different articles regarding biceps.... and sometimes, overtraining on a bodypart might help.. lets take kane's example, he overtrained like mad on his biceps when he started out (or so he says) and now he can lift heavier... me, i never did excess arm work... yet, my arms are big but weak.... when i began lifting i overtraned on my chest and back therefore i have a good chest but a horrible bench...
You kinda lost me there, but you seem to be saying two different things. You said that Kane overtrained (whatever exactly that means, high volume with multiple sets past failure?) and therefore can "lift heavier". You overtrained on chest but have a weak bench. Overtraining, as you say, on chest and back probably led to your big arms, too. You didn't get a whole lot of strength because you didn't train for strength. Likewise from Kanes post it would seem he was using high volume on his arms which would have stimulated more size and not necessarily led to greatly stronger lifts. Unless you believe, as some do, that a bigger muscle is more able to gain pure strength, regardless of the type of hypertrophy.

Also, your weak arms are purely subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj
I put these articles to merely add to the bicep thread... i have already said which policy I believe in and hopefully, i've made myself clear....
You're contradicting yourself, buddy. You just said that you think overtraining arms is useful for whatever reason. But in anycase posting contradictory messages in the same thread without any explanation is not quite making yourself clear. It would seem more like you are trying to appeal to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj
have you noticed another thing...? when we do full body programs, we do biceps and triceps 3x a week for a total of 12x a month....
You mean with islolations? If so:

1. Not necessarily. We can choose to skip arms one day, two days, or all days and still be doing "full body".

2. With substantially reduced volume.

You're really comparing apples and oranges when you compare these ultra high volume arm workouts to what someone should do on a full-body or even upper/lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj
BUT, if i do 2-3 sets of bis + tris every alternate day, i'll be good to go...
As opposed to 16 sets like the Long article? :05:

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm just trying to make some sense. I'm sure you'll set me straight
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #14  
dave_cshmn on 12-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Default

i was one of those that thought working my arms to death would be good but have learned to 60 minutes cutting my arm workout to once a week sure makes a differents
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net > Bodybuilding Forum > Articles > Training Articles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Article: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Article Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.