Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net

Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net (/)
-   Training (http://www.bodybuilding.net/training/)
-   -   abs (http://www.bodybuilding.net/training/abs-521.html)

Mikey05 05-24-2005 11:32 AM

abs
 
I'm a little lost as far as what I should be doing to work my abs. I know to do crunches but I'm not sure how many to do or if I should be doing them in sets or what. Someone please clue me in.

Dr X 05-24-2005 12:14 PM

I do them 3 times a week. Set a goal for yourself and when you acheive it set the bar higher. I don't pick a number. I just do them until I can't. O I have a time limit mostly. approx 15min
Leg raises are good too

emceemikkal 05-24-2005 03:32 PM

yeah i got a question regarding abs too.... i notice that with every other muscle, after working them out they're visible and pumped... everytime i'm done with abs they disappear. is this good/normal?

Frontline 05-24-2005 04:05 PM

Quote:

yeah i got a question regarding abs too.... i notice that with every other muscle, after working them out they're visible and pumped... everytime i'm done with abs they disappear. is this good/normal?
As far as them disappearing after a workout, I wouldn't worry about that what so ever. Some people's muscles can stay "pumped" longer than others. Just work them hard and you can assure yourself that your are targeting them properly.

Keep in mind that your ab definition and visibility is only as good as how lean you are. You can work your abs all day long and not "see" the results if they are hidden behind belly fat.

Mikey05 05-24-2005 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr X
I do them 3 times a week. Set a goal for yourself and when you acheive it set the bar higher. I don't pick a number. I just do them until I can't. O I have a time limit mostly. approx 15min
Leg raises are good too

I havn't put any time limit on my ab workout but I've just been doing crunches till I can't do anymore so I guess I was on the right track. I like doing the leg raises too, don't those mostly work the lower part of the abs?

Dr X 05-24-2005 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey05
I havn't put any time limit on my ab workout but I've just been doing crunches till I can't do anymore so I guess I was on the right track. I like doing the leg raises too, don't those mostly work the lower part of the abs?

Yes, leg raises work the lower ab. Like Sleazy said leanness it what shows the abs. During the winter when I bulk you don't see my abs for the most part at all and I don't care. I still do them so when I cut they are very visable. You work them like any muscle. But if your thin right now you shouldn't be worrying about how your abs look. You need to build muscle first.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.