Go Back   Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net > Bodybuilding Forum > Training

hypertrophy!

Training discussion on hypertrophy!, within the Bodybuilding Forum; Hi!I'm 16 years old, height 1.74 weight 69kg.I started to lift weights a year ago. my workout program is A. ...


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 02:53 AM   #1
mad51234
Rank: New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8

Default hypertrophy!

Hi!I'm 16 years old, height 1.74 weight 69kg.I started to lift weights a year ago.
my workout program is
A. 1)squat 2)flat bench press 3)deadlift 4)calf raises
B. 1)incline bench press 2)chin up 3)up-right row 4)bench press close grip 5)bicep dumbell curl

2 set warm up
4x10-8-6-15
in the 4 set I decrease the weight and I if do 10-15 reps then to the next workout I increase the weight.
I have a 2 day split because I don't have so much time to exercise three days a week.
is this a program for hypertrophy?

goal:gain muscle
mad51234 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:29 AM   #2
Ross86
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: > 1 Year
 
Ross86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,268
Country:

Gender:
Send a message via AIM to Ross86
Default

You could do something more efficient.
Ross86 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
mad51234
Rank: New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross86 View Post
You could do something more efficient.
can you suggest something?
mad51234 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
mad51234
Rank: New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8

Default

what about that?
A:chest-shoulders-triceps
B:legs-back-biceps

A:1)flat bench presses 2)overhead presses 3)dips 4)french presses or overhead tricep extensions

B:1)squat or deadlift 2)pull up 3)calf raises or hyperextensions 4)bicep curls
what reps,sets should I use for hypertrophy only?
mad51234 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #5
Ross86
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: > 1 Year
 
Ross86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,268
Country:

Gender:
Send a message via AIM to Ross86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad51234 View Post
what about that?
A:chest-shoulders-triceps
B:legs-back-biceps

A:1)flat bench presses 2)overhead presses 3)dips 4)french presses or overhead tricep extensions

B:1)squat or deadlift 2)pull up 3)calf raises or hyperextensions 4)bicep curls
what reps,sets should I use for hypertrophy only?
That would be better. Except that I wouldn't let hyper extensions be an option...they would be required. Definitely rotate the exercises also. You don't need to be doing the same ones week after week after week. So incorporate variations. You don't have to do pull ups every "B" workout; it would be beneficial to substitute them for some type of row.

I typically pair deadlifts with good mornings and squats with RDLs. For my "row", I'll do pull ups, t-bar rows, supine rows, one arm db rows, pendley rows, or hammer strength low rows with bands. I don't typically do the same thing during consecutive workouts unless I have a bad training session and want to work on some specific points at the next available opportunity.

Read this sticky on warming up properly:
http://www.bodybuilding.net/training...perly-663.html

Something that I've had good success with recently is keeping the reps on my big compound movements in the 4-6 range. With all of my accessory lifts, the rep range is 8-12. It gives a good balance for strength and hypertrophy, which are very much related. I will still do a volume workout every 3-4 weeks and do all of my heavy compound lifts in the 8-12 range. There are lots of ways to do it...but not every way is very effective.

Ross86's Sig:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ross86 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #6
mad51234
Rank: New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross86 View Post
That would be better. Except that I wouldn't let hyper extensions be an option...they would be required. Definitely rotate the exercises also. You don't need to be doing the same ones week after week after week. So incorporate variations. You don't have to do pull ups every "B" workout; it would be beneficial to substitute them for some type of row.

I typically pair deadlifts with good mornings and squats with RDLs. For my "row", I'll do pull ups, t-bar rows, supine rows, one arm db rows, pendley rows, or hammer strength low rows with bands. I don't typically do the same thing during consecutive workouts unless I have a bad training session and want to work on some specific points at the next available opportunity.

Read this sticky on warming up properly:
http://www.bodybuilding.net/training...perly-663.html

Something that I've had good success with recently is keeping the reps on my big compound movements in the 4-6 range. With all of my accessory lifts, the rep range is 8-12. It gives a good balance for strength and hypertrophy, which are very much related. I will still do a volume workout every 3-4 weeks and do all of my heavy compound lifts in the 8-12 range. There are lots of ways to do it...but not every way is very effective.
thanks for the answer.
mad51234 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:07 AM   #7
mad51234
Rank: New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8

Default

can I use super set?
mad51234 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:55 AM   #8
Ross86
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: > 1 Year
 
Ross86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,268
Country:

Gender:
Send a message via AIM to Ross86
Default

If I superset anything, I always save it for accessory movements.
Ross86 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #9
mad51234
Rank: New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross86 View Post
If I superset anything, I always save it for accessory movements.
what do you mean?
mad51234 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:55 AM   #10
Ross86
Rank: Light Heavyweight
Experience: > 1 Year
 
Ross86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,268
Country:

Gender:
Send a message via AIM to Ross86
Default

I don't super set good mornings and deadlifts. But I do super set DB bench press and triceps extensions sometimes. Sets are in the 8-12 rep range.

The retarded head strength coach at the university that I graduated from made the players super set crunches and squats. That's one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of because it lowers the amount of weight you can squat, and GREATLY increases the chances of injury. So this would be an example of something NOT to do.

Basically I think it's a waste to super set anything with one of the major compound movements like squats, deadlifts, or bench press (along with their variants). Especially when you're young and you're still learning the lifts.
Ross86 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on Facebook
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net > Bodybuilding Forum > Training


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.