Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net

Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding.net (/)
-   Training (http://www.bodybuilding.net/training/)
-   -   Increasing the weight!! (http://www.bodybuilding.net/training/increasing-the-weight-14877.html)

Warrior01 01-17-2012 03:12 PM

Increasing the weight!!
 
Hey everyone!, im new to this site, cant wait to get it cracking and getting some extra knowledge.

So im 20 years old, 171 pounds, 6 foot 2, been working out for about 2 years, i was originally 140 when I began working out, so my improvements are quite great in my opinion (31 pounds)

1 Rep Max Bench press: 205 lbs

1 Rep Max Squat: 275

1 Rep Max Deadlift: 295

Ive been stuck on these weights for some time now, especially the bench press, i find it increasingly dificult to up/ add weights to all my lifts, my reps seem to constantly be around the same, with maybe 1-2 extra reps FORCED on some occasions.

I generally always train to about 95% failure on my bench press, and usually max out to failure on my squats. I know my genetics are not the best, as I did previously have quite a lanky body, but it is improving as im pushing myself tremendously.

My main question here is just to get some insight, even the smallest comment would be appreciated, to just perhaps give me a basis or an idea on how i can get my 3 major lifts skyrockerting in pounds and increase the overall weight i can lift.

Thank you!!

Ps. I am currently cycling on creatine mono and taking weight gainer shakes after my workouts (yes i know i should be taking them twice- three times a day, just doesnt happen all the time)

FitnessFreek 01-17-2012 04:20 PM

Add more training techniques, switch up your whole training routine, add more supplements, and eat more. You will bust thru your plateau

Warrior01 01-17-2012 08:24 PM

Appreciate it, is it a major factor that i train my muscle groups only once per week or should i alter that as well?

DevonDudeman 01-17-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior01 (Post 91849)
Appreciate it, is it a major factor that i train my muscle groups only once per week or should i alter that as well?

I'm an ectomorph as well. I was 140 as well when i started and now im 185.

When I reached the same point you're at, i decided to lower the weight and focus on high reps. I know this is unorthodox but after doing 2 sets of light weight, or even on occasion just a light session, I came back and increased the weight by 5-10 lbs and could do it.

The next session id increase the weight a little bit more, and before i knew it, i was pushing more weight, and getting bigger.

Make sure your diet is consistent as well, for us it's really a critical component of our progression.:WEIGHT~13:

Warrior01 01-17-2012 08:56 PM

Ive been keeping my diet pretty straight, proteins, always trying to eat cleanly, eating my carbs etc. I have trouble with the 5-6 meals a day, as i usually only get around 4.

Ive currently been training at my highest possible output for chest, shoulders, and also arms. Basically always going to failure or 90% to failure.

What rep ranges do you recommend when you dropped the weight down?, and how often did you do it for? (ex. 1 light chest workout followed by a full weeks rest and then a heavy chest workout persay)?

DevonDudeman 01-18-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior01 (Post 91854)
Ive been keeping my diet pretty straight, proteins, always trying to eat cleanly, eating my carbs etc. I have trouble with the 5-6 meals a day, as i usually only get around 4.

Ive currently been training at my highest possible output for chest, shoulders, and also arms. Basically always going to failure or 90% to failure.

What rep ranges do you recommend when you dropped the weight down?, and how often did you do it for? (ex. 1 light chest workout followed by a full weeks rest and then a heavy chest workout persay)?

Try to get that 5th or 6th meal in. And don't worry about eating "clean", you can and should indulge in some junk food first thing in the morning, and after you work out. You body will use up all that energy, and will probably need it anyway. (you're fasting all night, and after you work out your body will be starved of nutrients)

Bodybuilding is all about experimentation, measurement, and correction.

When dropping weight, I've dropped enough to do a few sets in the 12-20 rep range.

Sometimes it's only 1 or 2 sets, followed by 3-4 heavy heavy sets. (the lighter weight seemed to prime me up for the heavy weight...even fter i already warmed up.)

Other times I've done a light week and lifted high reps for every exercise that week. Rested, and then went heavy again.

I never take time off from the gym except when im sick...for me i find that i lose alot of strength fast, so i always have to be eating andalways have to be lifting.

I just adjust sometimes and go really light, then when i feel better i go back to heavy heavy.

hope this helps. feel free to msg me for more tips.

Warrior01 01-18-2012 02:56 PM

I look forward to implemeting this into my routine. I will keep this up steadily for the weeks to come and hopefully see some improvements. I will keep you posted or message you if any other questions arise.

Thanks for you're insight!

DevonDudeman 01-25-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior01 (Post 91874)
I look forward to implemeting this into my routine. I will keep this up steadily for the weeks to come and hopefully see some improvements. I will keep you posted or message you if any other questions arise.

Thanks for you're insight!

no problem bud, lemme know how that goes. I'll continue to help however i can.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.