Hey what's up?
I'm a 17 year old student from Holland (excuse my poor vocabulary) i have been reading a lot of random websites and forums for information about bodybuilding for the past 2 years, until i came across this one.. i think this is one of the better ones, if not the best forum I've come across and decided to register.
I've been working out light and basically just to stay fit since I was 15 years old. (Never really was consistent with it, i usually went 2-3 days a week, but sometimes i would just skip 3 weeks for no reason. As i said it wasn't serious.
Now, since about 6 months ago I started lifting heavy weights and my muscles have become a little bigger, and look a bit "tighter".
I trained like this:
3 sets: (1) 12reps aprox. 40% of max weight
(2) 10 reps aprox. 50% of max weight
(3) 8 reps aprox 70% of max weight
and sometimes a 4th set:
(4) 6 (or more) reps aprox 90% of max weight
Notice I said "a little bigger" in the last sentence. I weigh 60kg (used to weigh 58, gained 2 kg), and my goal of weighing 75kg is starting to seem impossible. Now I must have done something wrong in my training (training inconsistent) or in my nutrition (just randomly trying to eat a lot of whatever without planning), but it doesn't matter how it's done wrong, I hope one of the more experienced members can tell me how to do it right.
1. I'm a very hard gainer with a fast metabolism.
2. I'm a broke student (can't afford 2 pounds of chickenbreast and steak on daily bases)
1. What training method is the most effective for me? (method that is most likely to put as much mass possible on a hardgainer)
2. What nutritional tips do you have for a (short on $) student? (I can make a diet, no problem, just need affordable ingredients or other tips?)
3. What affordable quality supplements can help put on mass for a hardgainer? The list of supplements i tried so far:
- Weightgainer (MAMMOTH - ony w.g. i tried, didn't work for me)
- Whey Protein (EAS 100% Whey Protein - like this one, very good product)
- Creatine (Xpand - gives good pump, okay gains/ Revenge V3 - drinkable taste, modest gains/ S.A.N. Cubed - smells/tastes like glue. stopped using it.)
I'm happy to be here and thank you for reading.