- Bodybuilding Forum - Bodybuilding Forum (
-   Open Conversation (
-   -   Hurt Trap (

john917v 06-02-2009 05:57 PM

Hurt Trap
Hey, guys, I hurt the distal (near the shoulder) end of my left trap a few weeks ago while doing decline bp with dumbells. One started to fall away from me at the top of the movement, my arm looked like a tree that toppled over, to give you an idea. Now, my trap hurts whenever I stretch or flex it. It was a little shorter and fatter the first few days after, but it has evened out now. Aside from see a therapist, what do y'all recommend I do? Thanks for any advice.

Pitysister 06-02-2009 06:02 PM

see a PT...and get a massage :)

john917v 06-02-2009 06:08 PM

I've been considering getting a a 300+lb woman, preferably one named Helga, or something along those lines....otherwise, I probably won't feel a thing if I get one from a lil person.

Pitysister 06-02-2009 07:20 PM

last weekend i got one from this lady who couldn't have been over 130 lb.....had me screaming obscenities :)

john917v 06-02-2009 07:51 PM

Any recommendations as to what to look for in a therapist (they don't go by 'masseuse' anymore)? Or, what technique/style?

Frontline 06-03-2009 10:24 AM

Your probably going to get more out of the strengthening exercises the therapist gives you as compared to the massage. I always found that was just a nice bonus at the end of a therapy session...especially if they are good looking.

You may want to see how much your insurance covers in regards to the therapy sessions. You can probably save a lot of money by saying you just want to do a condensed version where you do most of the work on your own and then just come in for evaluations/massage. I always found it stupid that I got charged to come in and do exercises in front of someone when I could just do the same work at home.

Pitysister 06-03-2009 02:20 PM


Originally Posted by john917v (Post 80008)
Any recommendations as to what to look for in a therapist (they don't go by 'masseuse' anymore)? Or, what technique/style?

well if you actually tore something in there...then you'll have some scar tissue...and they'll need to beat it out of there :) if they have a website shoot them an email and see who would best qualify for what you need....or a phone call. the place i go dad has been to everyone of them so i know who to go to.

EricT 06-04-2009 05:05 AM

Yeah. You must realize that all massage is not therapy. There is a difference between your everyday "relaxing massage" and some type of deep tissue therapy such as ART.

Therapeutic massage involves someone specifically trained in a certain technique (there are many different techniques) and you have to check up to see if they are qualified.

That said I think that it can be VERY useful in terms of recovering from injury but someone could do damage as well as good so do your homework.

Physical therapists are a mixed bag as well.

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.