Go Back   Bodybuilding.net - Bodybuilding Forum > >

How do you do the "fly"

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2005, 11:54 AM
mblumberg mblumberg is offline
Rank: New Member
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1
Default How do you do the "fly"

I'm new to weightlifting and really do not know much. I was in the gym today and had no idea which machine was the proper machine to do a lift I've been told is the fly? Can somebody help me? Thanks

Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Dr X's Avatar
Dr X Dr X is offline
Rank: Lightweight
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in the deep recesses of your mind
Posts: 1,094

Flys are used for doing chest. If you use a dumbell you lay on a bench and bring the weights out to your side and back up keeping your elbows slightly bent like you give a big hug. Don't bring the weight so far down that your trashing your shoulders, make the chest do all the movement. You can do this standing with cables or there are machines where you either grab a handle or rest your forearms on and do the same movement. Unless using for warming up they should be performed last.
The Fool say in his heart "There is no God"
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:50 PM
apocalypse apocalypse is offline
Rank: Bantamweight
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 883
Send a message via AIM to apocalypse Send a message via Yahoo to apocalypse

Since u are a beginner u might want to use the cable fly machine to do the flyes, to get a feel of the excercise and proper form.
Reply With Quote

  Bodybuilding.net - Bodybuilding Forum > >

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.