Go Back   Bodybuilding.net - Bodybuilding Forum > >


F = m.a.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #521  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Pitysister's Avatar
Pitysister Pitysister is offline
Rank: Light Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,221
Default

speed looked good on the deads to me


those warmups take forever...i'm still learning them...so i gotta flip back through the book for the description
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And when you seek forgiveness
You will see there is no god
And for all eternity
You will cry my name
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 06-23-2008, 04:16 PM
_Wolf_'s Avatar
_Wolf_ _Wolf_ is offline
Rank: Light Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,793
Send a message via MSN to _Wolf_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitysister View Post
speed looked good on the deads to me
thanks man.....me and eric have been over this before....its a bit odd that my speed on the deads is so low in general. its like before i lift i have to talk myself into lifting it as explosively as possible..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitysister
those warmups take forever...i'm still learning them...so i gotta flip back through the book for the description
yeah me too....i actually take the book with me to the gym...infact, one entire bench is used by me to
1.) sit on in between sets
2.) keep my bag
3.) keep my log book
4.) keep maximum strength
5.) stop watch resting place
6.) chalk stop



it took me quite a while to get used to the exercises...ofcourse, i didnt follow the warm-ups to the "T"...i do all the exercises as instructed (apart from the shoulder mobility exercises) but i vary the reps as and how I feel because i do add in other mobility exercises i've picked up from the Diesel Crew videos on youtube and DeFranco's stuff....in short: i do like 8-10 exercises for lower body stuff on lower days and like 5-6 on upper days for lower body work.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 06-23-2008, 04:20 PM
EricT EricT is offline
Rank: Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,314
Default

Those box squats weren't that bad. Looked pretty good really. Heavy but all in all I'm not complaining.

At 65% don't expect a lot of speed in general. For most it won't feel really fast. Obviously you are more in the strength end of things rather than the speed. From what I can see your speed was a bit better than I expected really and it actually seemed a little faster than last time, especially on the first set (vid). Make sure you rest as much as needed between these to maintain good speed. Don't go by the arbitrary 1 min rest thing...especially at 65%...

Later on after this program maybe you can do more work in the power range or at least the lower end of the strength-speed range so that you can work up speed more. For right now just trying to be as explosive as possible is what it is all about.

I think some of the writings of WSB make people think that all speed work has to equate to a very quick bar movement. This is not really true. There are different contributions that speed make to different intensity ranges. And intention means a lot with it. Intending to move the bar fast is what it is about.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


If you act sanctimonious I will just list out your logical fallacies until you get pissed off and spew blasphemous remarks.
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 06-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Pitysister's Avatar
Pitysister Pitysister is offline
Rank: Light Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wolf_ View Post
thanks man.....me and eric have been over this before....its a bit odd that my speed on the deads is so low in general. its like before i lift i have to talk myself into lifting it as explosively as possible..



yeah me too....i actually take the book with me to the gym...infact, one entire bench is used by me to
1.) sit on in between sets
2.) keep my bag
3.) keep my log book
4.) keep maximum strength
5.) stop watch resting place
6.) chalk stop



it took me quite a while to get used to the exercises...ofcourse, i didnt follow the warm-ups to the "T"...i do all the exercises as instructed (apart from the shoulder mobility exercises) but i vary the reps as and how I feel because i do add in other mobility exercises i've picked up from the Diesel Crew videos on youtube and DeFranco's stuff....in short: i do like 8-10 exercises for lower body stuff on lower days and like 5-6 on upper days for lower body work.
and like eric said...box squats looked good too...there was not a whole lot of movement once you were on the box.

boyle's mobility drills got my lower body alot more loosened up than cressey's do...

which reminds me...i need a foam roller...
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 06-23-2008, 04:31 PM
EricT EricT is offline
Rank: Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,314
Default

Why don't you outline what your mobility drill is in your journal, Pity? I'd like to compare and contrast.

Also, don't discount, necessarily the stuff in the drill that is meant for activation more than mobility. For instance x band walks for the glute medius which can be important esp for someone like you whose knees have been bothering...
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 06-23-2008, 04:47 PM
_Wolf_'s Avatar
_Wolf_ _Wolf_ is offline
Rank: Light Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,793
Send a message via MSN to _Wolf_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric3237 View Post
Those box squats weren't that bad. Looked pretty good really. Heavy but all in all I'm not complaining.
ok......this is probably one of those times where the workout "felt" like shit but if looked at closely enough, it wasnt all that bad. im glad my form wasnt terrible

Quote:
At 65% don't expect a lot of speed in general. For most it won't feel really fast. Obviously you are more in the strength end of things rather than the speed. From what I can see your speed was a bit better than I expected really and it actually seemed a little faster than last time, especially on the first set (vid). Make sure you rest as much as needed between these to maintain good speed. Don't go by the arbitrary 1 min rest thing...especially at 65%...
no...im not going by time on the DE work actually. im just taking as long as i need but i do keep a stop watch to keep the rest at a minimum of 2 minutes.

Quote:
Later on after this program maybe you can do more work in the power range or at least the lower end of the strength-speed range so that you can work up speed more. For right now just trying to be as explosive as possible is what it is all about.
ok sir. will try to do

Quote:
I think some of the writings of WSB make people think that all speed work has to equate to a very quick bar movement. This is not really true. There are different contributions that speed make to different intensity ranges. And intention means a lot with it. Intending to move the bar fast is what it is about.
I see....yes, WSB does mislead people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric3237 View Post
x band walks for the glute medius which can be important esp for someone like you whose knees have been bothering...
damnit i should've also done these! i dunno why i skipped them!!!
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 06-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Pitysister's Avatar
Pitysister Pitysister is offline
Rank: Light Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,221
Default

i know i really need to buy a band

http://www.bodybuilding.net/showthre...ed=1#post59621
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 06-23-2008, 04:49 PM
EricT EricT is offline
Rank: Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,314
Default

Anuj, do you have some bands?
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 06-23-2008, 06:26 PM
_Wolf_'s Avatar
_Wolf_ _Wolf_ is offline
Rank: Light Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,793
Send a message via MSN to _Wolf_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric3237 View Post
Anuj, do you have some bands?
do I personally have bands? nope. but my gym does i use the one's at the gym mostly...i forgot to do that exercise today though.
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 06-24-2008, 02:10 AM
HIThopper's Avatar
HIThopper HIThopper is offline
Rank: Middleweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,029
Default

Anuj, the main problem I see (and I may be wrong of course ) with your box squat is that you are standing directly over the box, thus forcing you to sit straight down on it and not sit back.It seems to me that your knees break first and they shoot way forward as a result.

I would try stand furthur in front of the box and sit back on it, should be able to get more out of your hammys that way.I bet you could handle EVEN more weight on them cos that looked fairly easy for you.

Anyone feel free to tell me I'm talking out my ass but thats how it looked to me.
__________________
There are no shortcuts. The fact that a shortcut is important to you means that you are a pussy. Let me be clear here: if you'd rather take steroids than do your squats heavy and drink enough milk, then you are a Fucking Pussy. I have no time or patience for Fucking Pussies. Please tell everyone you know that I said this.- Mark Rippetoe

My Youtube
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Bodybuilding.net - Bodybuilding Forum > >


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes



 



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.