I like to think that I've mastered both of these (As much as a dope like me can master anything...I'm still trying to master working this here belt buckle..)
when I get back to the states and get myself unbroke, I'll post a video of me doing both of these the right way. A few points about both of the rows
1) - do 'em overhand or use a cambered curl bar to use an angled undergrip. I do them overhand. No loss
2) Pause the weight at your gut
3) Don't do these AFTER you deadlift. You'll die.
4) Force yourself to contract your lats as you bring the bar up. It requires immense concentration to make it work, but if you contract (and arch) your lats, the lat gets worked DAMN hard. It's quite obvious, having done these properly, why the hell Dorian's back looked like it did
5) This exercise WILL expose weaknesses. Traps weak? You'll know. Rear delts weak? You'll know. Spinal erectors weak? You'll know. Unless you have a very good base of strength, these will NOT work
JS (Pendlay) Rows
1) Do these. Do these as described. Deweight between reps. Keep body parallel to the ground. Explode weight upward. Just do these damn things and no whining.
2) Do these. They are phenominal. They don't work for you? Then you're doing them wrong. Practice untl you get them right, or suffer with your crappy back development
3) Did I mention that you should do these?