Disclaimer: Nothing against you Sentinal (Anuj ), but I'm going to be critical with this article...
This is most definately NOTHING to do with Westside. The only thing I see in common with Westside is 2 ME days, and 2 DE days.
I'll say that that template has the DE Bench is good, and the ME Bench would be good if it used a 1 RM for the max effort exercise. The squatting days are fucked though.
1. Represents uneven volume. Compare the days and you'll notice a big difference. The first two days are managable. Then all of a sudden the last two days go balls to the wall. What the fuck for?
2. Westside has NO pyramid schemes, especially with the high reps. All that'll do is burn you out so you won't lift nearly as much during your final set (which should be the only one that counts).
3. Leg extensions?? Not gonna touch that one.
4. 5 x 5 for a MAX EFFORT exercise? Nope. Every once in a while you could do a DE
Bench with a 5 x 5.
5. DE squats day has an insane amount of volume. Too much, reminiscent of a bodybuilder's workout. Going from speed squats to leg extensions
, then SLDL's...All before sumo squats! Super, you're halway done!
6. Westside is a CONJUGATE system. So the ME lifts would get rotated out every 1-3 weeks. No way is this post "complete".
7. Why are biceps worked before back halfway through the workout? That makes sense. So biceps are more important to be isolated. That way you won't be able to pull as much weight for your back. Having a strong back is vitally important for reversal power with the bench press. Biceps are not, and should be last in your workout as an afterthought.
In my opinion, this template was written by a bodybuilder, not a powerlifter. Using 5 x 5, or a pyramid scheme for a max effort is way too bodybuilder-specific. You can even see the ME Squat day "pyramids" up in weight to a 4 RM? Should be a 1 RM, and those pyramids should be "acclimation sets" if anything.
If anyone's interested in subscribing to a Westside thread, I recommend looking at either:
Basic Westside Template
(notice all the differences between the routines)
Increasing RAW Bench
(good description and a true sample routine for Westside Bench days)
(another good description by Kethnaab)