Hi, i ve been doin this for a while now, but im questionin if its the best way to work out. Could someone give me some tips on how to imporve my workout? or is it fine as is?
I usually workout everyother day. I do the same stuff every other day. Sometimes I skip two days because I am busy.
Here is what i usually do:
start with a 0.75-1 mile run on the treadmill, then
1. Bench press 100lb/3 sets/8 reps (having doubts about weight/reps)
2. Lat pulldown 110lb/3 sets/8 reps
3. Leg Press 200 lb/2-3 sets/8 reps
4. tricep pressdown 35lb/3 sets/8 reps
5. leg extension 110lb/3 sets/10 reps
6. standing dumbell shrugs 2 22.5 lb dumbells/3 sets/30 reps
7. abs (not sure wut the machine is called, basically it's a bench that you lie on, your legs are locked in this coushion, head is lower than your legs, and you just do cruches/situps from there)- my weight/2 sets/2 reps
8. Finally, i do a seated curl with one dumbell, just my left bicep because for some reason my right arm is much more developed. 22.5lb/3-4 sets/7 reps
Now could someone suggest any adjustments to the routine? May be breaking the work out up in two? so that i get more recovery time? Because it usually takes me about 1.5 hr to complete the routine, and i ve read that after 1 hr of working out you get lesser benefits. Basically my goals are to lose the fat and become ripped and at the same time add some muscle.
As far as supplements are concerned, I usually take come creatine monohydrate 30 mins prior to the workout and right after. ALso i take about 40 grams of protein 1 hr after the workout. In the morning I take 1 capsule of L-carnitine 500 everyday. (I ve read it helps burn fat)
Now could someone suggest some adjustments to improve the benefits, since i dont know anyone who works out in my area and this is the only knowledgeble place to ask. ANy comments and questions appreciated, i ll answer ASAP
btw, my basic info is im 18/195lbs/5'9"/bf??